Thursday, January 7, 2010

I'm an Italian boy and I'd like to cook a typical american breakfast.May I have some good recipes?

I mean something easy to cook but very very tasty!


Thanks a lot!!





Greetings from Rome!!





Ciao e grazie!I'm an Italian boy and I'd like to cook a typical american breakfast.May I have some good recipes?
Unfortunately there really isn't a ';typical'; American breakfast. It depends on what part of the country you grew up in and what your ethnic background is.





I live in NY. I guess a typical breakfast would be eggs, meat and bread. If I am making an easy breakfast I scramble eggs in butter with salt and pepper. I slightly undercook them and cover them and they get nice and fluffy. On the side a grilled ham steak or bacon, and some type of toasted bread (I prefer English muffin or bagel) with butter. If I am particularly motivated I might make hash browns. Oh, and OJ.





By the way we returned from Italy a few months ago. We had this great juice in the morning. I thought it was blood orange juice, but when I juiced blood oranges my eyes watered from the tartness and bitterness. We also had some soft cheese with bread. Do you know what either of these are and where I can buy them in the states?I'm an Italian boy and I'd like to cook a typical american breakfast.May I have some good recipes?
Here you go, Buy some pillsbury southern biscuits and put in oven. Brown off some Jimmy dean pork sausage (1#) add 1/4 cup flour and cook 30 seconds stirring. Add 1 quart whole milk and cook until thick. Cook a few eggs and put on top of buscuits with gravy on top of that. UUUMMMMM.





You should only eat this once in a while as it is loaded with fat.
Typical? Dry cereal and milk! Lucky Charms. OR you can make scrambled eggs, bacon and pancakes! Yum!
My favorite is Sausage Gravy %26amp; Biscuits but Chef24 beat me to it. Second favorite- Sliced ham fried till it has crispy spots, eggs scrambled with a bit of grated cheddar %26amp; whole wheat toast with orange marmalade.
I'm providing you with more than 100 American recipes. Recipes which are easy to cook and tasty to eat. You can find these secret recipes at:


http://www.ebookexplorer.com/book_325.ht鈥?/a>


With the help of this recipe book you can cook healthy and tasty breakfast.
I'm from the south and this is how we eat...ham ,eggs grits,hash browns .,toast and jelly and applesauce good very filling breakfast you wont be hungry til dinner
Cook the same way u usually would minus the flavor and u will have terrific american food.
This is not american it is something my family does in canada.





Chop up and brown 2 or 3 rashers of bacon in a pan.


Chop up and cook in an equal amount of chopped onion.





Drain off fat and mix in about 1 cup leftover white rice.





Make an omelet - mix together 2 or 3 eggs and some milk.


Pour egg out on pan to coat.


Put the rice on top - fold it over and cook the other side. You can add more of the egg.


Complete breakfast very yummy.





My dad called this chinese omelet - step down from eggs foo young. Good way to use up leftover rice. This is also great leftover and heated in the microwave.
Pancakes would be good. Here's a photo.....


http://www.flickr.com/photos/matthewa/30鈥?/a>





Here's the recipe...


http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Buttermilk-鈥?/a>
i usu sally make scrambled eggs, bacon, or sausage. I also pair it with hash browns and orange juice





Eggs- Crack and fry in a greased pan (you can use olive oil or some other type of cooking oil) add salt and pepper to taste, cook until they are done.





Sausage/ bacon- fry in the same pan as the eggs (you may want to cook these items first so that you can use the grease from the meat to flavor your eggs) cook until no longer pink.





Hash browns- cut up already cooked potatoes and fry in a skillet with cooking oil until they re brown and crispy but not burnt.





GOOD LUCK!!!!
Here is what I saw on the Food Network channel and made and it was loved by all.





2 c shredded or cubed potatoes precooked is best


1/2 c red onion


1 c cooked ham'; from a ham dinner is good or ham steak cut up';


1 c red, green, yellow and orange bell pepper cut in to 1/2 in cubes


1-2 tomatoes Roma tomatoes are good, so are beef steak tomatoes but remove the seeds as its to juicy with them.


2 cups precooked pork sausage








cook all on a flat top grill or on a griddle til all is slightly browned and crisp tender. Add 4 eggs that have been whisked well and stir all to gether til eggs are completely cooked and fluffy. Toss on a bit of cheese of choice we used pepper jack and some cheddar and plate with toast or an english muffin. Enjoy





Its called Shultzies Mess and oh my was it good. Anything you want to change or add depending on tastes go for it. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment