Thursday, January 7, 2010

Easy recipes for lunch breakfast and dinner?

I am going back to school and I want to eat good. Usually I just have a piece of toast and head out the door. But I think that since I am growing, I need to eat better. whatever recipes you give me i will be glad to try. Thank you in advance!Easy recipes for lunch breakfast and dinner?
I love this recipe for breakfast


ingredients


shredded hash browns


italian sausage (cooked and crumbled)


8 eggs


1/4 milk


pepper to taste


1/2 teaspoon dry mustard


1 bag shredded cheddar


1 bag shredded swiss (mix both cheeses together)





mix eggs, pepper, dry mustard and milk together set aside


in a baking pan, layer hash browns, sausage, then cheese. repeat layers until all ingredients are used with last layer being the cheese


pour egg mixture all over the top, bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned (make sure eggs are cooked all the way thru)


This is a great recipe to make and freeze in small portions


It's filling so a little goes a long way


Hope you enjoy itEasy recipes for lunch breakfast and dinner?
quiche is (in my opinion) an any ';anytime'; meal. Buttery flaky crust, healthful eggs and any cheese, veggies or meat you have on hand are welcome additions.


Quick and easy directions


Store bought frozen 9 inch pie crust prebaked


6 eggs


1/4 cup flour


1 cup cheese


1 cup ANY meat


any veggies in any amount you prefer (I like spinache :)


I typically blend and bake in a disposable tin from the store


50 minutes at 370*


Then I put the egg portion into the prebaked crust


I find the crust gets mooshy on the inside and burns on the outside if I bake the egg in the crust


but by all means you can give it a try.
Here was my recipe for success...or at least to make it through a three hour 8am class without feeling like I was starving.





Before class, a bowl of oatmeal. Whether it's a pack of instant or the good old fashioned kind, it's hearty and it will start your day off right. Quaker Oats has a bunch of different flavors - there's bound to be one you'll like.





If you get a break around 10ish, pick up a container of yogurt and there's your calcium boost, plus it will keep you going until lunch.



You want to eat well..Whole grain cereals and bread are great.You can make a turkey sandwhich with light mayo,lettuce and tomatos,a thin slice of cheese. Tuna sandwhich- tuna in water, mayo,bits of celery and lettuce and tomatos on top.Drink lots of water .Orange juice is good too.
BBQ chicken finger.





Buy 1 bag of Tyson's Chicken Strips,


Then Spread Bullseye or any BBQ sauce on it,


Cook it in the Micro or Oven, (micro 4-5 mins, Oven for as long as it says in the box)





then serve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment